The procurement function has come a long way – from being tactical to becoming strategic. It’s no surprise then the skills required from modern procurement professional go beyond being a skilled negotiator. It asks for a blend of hard technical skills such as advanced analytics with “softer” engagement capabilities such as supplier relationship management.
Keeping the significance of grooming and hiring the correct procurement talent in mind, Zycus will be conducting a Virtual CPO Round Table discussion today afternoon (July 17) from 1PM – 1:30PM. The discussion will be held through Google Hangout on Air where-in the Panelists will discuss on the ‘Skills for the Modern Procurement Professional’
The discussion will be led by the subject Matter expert Andrew Bartolini, Chief Research Officer, Ardent Partners and will be moderated by Richard Waugh, VP-Corporate Development, Zycus Inc.
The Panelists would include:
- Dawn Buchanan, Chief Procurement Officer, Digital River
- Richard H. DeHart, ex-Chief Procurement Officer, Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. and
- Tina Richards, Senior Director, SAIC Shared Services Center
So what do these procurement leaders have to say on the necessary skills for today’s procurement professions?
Find out by joining the event through a live broadcast by clicking here.
- Are procurement professionals honey bees of the organization?
- Procurement gifting guide – A unique guide for procurement professionals
- Top 10 Winning Skills for Procurement Professionals
- Zycus Procure to Pay Software
- White Paper – Moving Procurement to the cloud for resilient and efficient operations
- White Paper – Make Procurement Smarter with Social Media