PRINCETON, NJ October 8, 2014 - Zycus, a world leader in Procurement Technology solutions across the source-to-pay cycle, has built a remarkable speaker roster for its third annual Horizon 2014 procurement leadership conference & networking event to be held at The Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island, FL on November 9-11, 2014.
Captain Richard Phillips will deliver the event’s keynote address. He served as a captain of the MV Maersk Alabama during its hijacking by Somali pirates in April 2009. Phillips went on to author A Captain’s Duty: Somali Pirates, Navy SEALs and Dangerous Days at Sea, which inspired the 2013 Oscar-nominated film Captain Phillips. In his address, Capt. Phillips will share how he coped with the harrowing events of the hijacking, the lessons he took from the experience and how they might be applied in both daily and corporate life settings.
Horizon 2014 will also feature an extensive array of procurement subject matter experts, including:
- Deborah Wilson, Research Vice President, Gartner
- Chris Sawchuk, Principal & Global Procurement Advisory Practice Leader, The Hackett Group on Key Procurement Trends for 2015 & Practitioners Views
- Andrew Bartolini, Chief Research Officer, Ardent Partners/CPO Rising on the State of Strategic Sourcing in 2015
- Tim Cummins, President & CEO, IACCM on Securing Value from your Procurement: 5 key steps
- Mike Inman, Negotiation Trainer, TableForce, on Re-vitalize your Negotiations: The Dynamics of Cost vs. Price
- Dr. Robert Handfield, Distinguished Professor of Supply Chain Management at North Carolina State University & Director of the Supply Chain Resource Cooperative on Supplier Segmentation & Supplier Risk Management
- Dr. Tobias Schoenherr, Associate Professor, Michigan State University on The Adoption and Use of Enabling Procurement Technologies: Drivers and Barriers
- Bill Michels, SVP, Institute for Supply Management and President ADR North America and ADR China on In a world of constant change is the organizational life span of the procurement executive short lived?
- Alis Sindbjerg Hemmingsen, Responsible Procurement Thought Leader on Maintaining a Competitive Procurement Strategy While Delivering on Sustainability
- Dawn Tiura Evans, President and CEO of SIG (Sourcing Interest Group) on Social Media- The Next Procurement Frontier
Practicing procurement leaders are also well represented on the event’s agenda. These include Alex Brown, Chief Procurement Officer, Global Supply Management with Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.; Samuel Zbinden, Head of Global Procurement, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd.; Christopher C. Elma, Vice President Treasury and Tax for Cincinnati Bell Inc; Michael Petterson, Vice President, Finance and Treasury, ERCOT; Sarah Jane Hill, Vice President, Procurement with Western Dental; Mary Kachinsky, Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing for Cubist Pharmaceuticals; Tina Trueba, Executive Director, Global Strategic Sourcing and Americas Shared Services for Celgene Corporation; Steve Fischer, Director of Procurement Strategy, Colgate-Palmolive Company and Scott Fitzgerald, Director of Procurement for The MENTOR Network.
"Horizon 2014 is going to be a highly efficient way to gain a great deal of procurement knowledge and insight – and to make a large number of benchmarking and networking contacts – within a span of just 48 hours in a relaxed and very beautiful setting.”
“While our conference attendees will have spent the last year sourcing goods and services,” says Zycus CEO and Founder Aatish Dedhia, “our team here at Zycus has spent the past year sourcing some of the very best minds in procurement and supply management to share and present at our annual procurement leadership and networking event. Horizon 2014 is going to be a highly efficient way to gain a great deal of procurement knowledge and insight – and to make a large number of benchmarking and networking contacts – within a span of just 48 hours in a relaxed and very beautiful setting.”
Manager- Public Relations, Zycus Inc.
Direct: 1 866 563 9219