PRINCETON, NJ December 9, 2014 - Zycus, a world leader in Procurement Technology solutions across the source-to-pay cycle, honored five global companies at its ‘Procurement Excellence Awards 2014’ held recently at the Horizon 2014 procurement leadership conference in Amelia Island, Fla.
“Each year,” says Zycus founder and CEO Aatish Dedhia, “we have the great privilege of collaborating closely with some of the most visionary and forward-focused procurement leaders and teams around the globe. We see up close and in detail just what they set out to accomplish in terms of driving both bottom and top-line business performance improvement. We see the many challenges they overcome and the successes – both small and large – they achieve along the way. It is with great pleasure that we identify and honor customers’ many accomplishments at our Horizon event.”
“I believe Zycus should be awarding themselves,” said Sundar Subramaniam, Global Program Manager -Procurement for Armstrong. “They did a great job and our implementation went very well. It is a historic time when we can implement four modules within just eight weeks.
A distinguished panel of judges, comprising procurement experts Andrew Bartolini, Chief Research Officer of Ardent Partners/CPO Rising, Bill Michels, Senior VP of ISM and President of the ISM Services Companies, ADR North America and ADR China, and Zycus VP of Corporate Development Richard Waugh reviewed the many award nominations submitted and selected the following 2014 winners:
- Cincinnati Bell –as the procurement team achieving greatest Enterprise Impact via process improvement and clear progression on measurable business KPIs. In accepting the award, Cincinnati Bell’s Vice President of Treasury and Tax, Chris Elma, said: “I really appreciate the recognition, but as any leader will gracefully do, I wish to recognize the people on my team, which includes our Zycus people. The team’s commitment, vision and hard work have been the keys to our success, so kudos to the entire team.”
- The MENTOR Network – as the procurement group that has developed the strongest Strategic Partnership with Zycus over the past year and integrated Zycus solutions into its plans for achieving specific procurement goals. “Much credit goes to both our internal team at MENTOR and the Zycus team,” said Scott Fitzgerald, Director of Procurement for The MENTOR Network. “Without their dedication, commitment and openness to change, none of this would have been accomplished.”
- Armstrong World Industries – as the Rising Procurement Hero for demonstrating sustainable performance improvement as it leverages Zycus technology. “I believe Zycus should be awarding themselves,” said Sundar Subramaniam, Global Program Manager -Procurement for Armstrong. “They did a great job and our implementation went very well. It is a historic time when we can implement four modules within just eight weeks. I would also like to thank our Armstrong project teams who spearheaded our efforts. This has been a great experience.”
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) - for the Ace Organization-wide Adoption of procurement technology solutions. AMD’s CPO Alex Brown said: “Thank you to Zycus for recognizing our company and organization. I would like to credit my team at AMD who leads our IT initiatives and coordinates across all the sites where we have procurement activity (13 locations in 10 countries) all of whom have gotten involved with our Zycus implementations. We have set high targets for implementation and use; and some of our organizations are performing well above our targets. Thank you again to Zycus and my team for making it happen.”
- The Emirates Group’s Mr. Saeed Mohammed, Divisional Senior Vice President - for High Performing Procurement Leader, which is awarded to the individual who demonstrates leadership and excellence and contributes to enterprise success by adopting best practices. I would like to first of all thank ZYCUS for organizing this awesome event. I would also like to thank the panel of distinguished professionals who chose Saeed for this award. He truly has been an inspirational leader and what makes him stand apart is his humility, his humbleness and the value he attaches to people and relationships. He claims "I am just as good (or just as bad) as the people under my command make me" and had he been here at the award ceremony, he would have dedicated this award to everyone in Procurement who make him look good said Mr. Satish Narayan, Manager Procurement of The Emirates Group who collected the award on behalf of Mr. Saeed.
Manager- Public Relations, Zycus Inc.
Direct: 1 866 563 9219