Contemporary supplier management has evolved from just managing a large supplier base to acknowledging them as vital business partners, understanding them better with analytics and building efficient and compliant supplier processes. Executives in large organizations still have a lot of unanswered questions.
Access a recording of our recent webinar to get questions on Managing Supplier Performance and Risk by our expert Donald Klock, Professor of Supply Chain Management at Rutgers Business School and ex-CPO at Colgate Palmolive. Don has over three decades of industry experience and combines business and academic best practices.
Key Questions Answered:
- What are the KPIs for measuring supplier performance? How do I deal with high and low performing suppliers?
- What type of analytics are considered crucial in evaluating the supplier base, and how to appropriately assess the size (quantity vs. quality) of the supplier base?
- I understand how to measure cost, delivery, and quality, but I struggle to measure “value”. Any suggestions?
- How does supplier management automation help boost supplier performance? How can I get buy-in for its value?
- What are the early symptoms of poor supplier risk management? How can I highlight these internally?
- How much supplier risk am I liable to with poor or no automation? Give me some examples.
- How can I take my organization to a position where it capable to tackle incoming supplier risks?
- We continue to expand our sourcing globally, and it is difficult to get travel dollars (and time) to manage these suppliers from a risk and supplier development/performance standpoint. What can we do to improve this situation?
- Our supplier base is exploding. How do I influence purchasers to use contracts with preferred vendors?