PRINCETON, N.J. March 22, 2012 - Procurement, in the year 2011, witnessed some of the major challenges, especially from a supply chain perspective. Procurement professionals around the globe were seen fire fighting supply disruptions emerging out of the adverse events that occurred in 2011 which not only resulted in production losses but also negatively impacted company bottom lines. Based on the impact of these threats, various studies are forecasting a loss of €280 billion for the year 2012. On March 27, 2012, Zycus – a procurement performance solution provider, in collaboration with CPO Agenda will host an interactive online webinar to discuss how companies can combat imminent supply chain risks this year.
Primary speakers for the webinar will be Gerard Cantwell, Director of Procurement at Aggregate Industries; Martin Wakelin, Procurement Director at Trelleborg Sealing Solutions and Julia Gittus, Vendor Manager at Zurich Insurance Plc. The key points of the discussion will be:
- A review of key disruptions that occurred in 2011, and the sources of supply chain risk.
- Introducing of complex adaptive systems thinking to supply chain risk
- Approaches to building a more agile supply chain able to plan for and mitigate supply chain risk in 2012
- Ensuring speed of response to unplanned disruptions when they occur through scenario planning
- Applying “lessons learned” methods to build more resilient supply chains
- Role of procurement technologies to mitigate risk related to supply chain
Manager - Public Relations & Analyst Relations, Zycus Inc.
Direct: 1 866 563 9219