The CPO's Agenda 2009: Smart Strategies for Tough Times
The global recession is taking no prisoners. Neither industry, nor region, nor company-size has provided shelter from its impact. Within the enterprise, few business functions have been unaffected. Yet, as this business downturn continues, the Chief Procurement Officer's ("CPO") agenda and the CEO's agenda have started to converge. In fact, two-thirds of this study's participants believe that the economic downturn has positively impacted the role of the CPO within the enterprise. One thing is certain: the CPOs who successfully devise and execute smart strategies in these tough times will continue to rise.
- Five Compelling Facts from the Research, Providing Actionable Benefits for Readers:
- Best-in-Class companies have formally sourced 46% more of their spend than all other enterprises.
- Best-in-Class companies have achieved 64% higher levels of compliance than all other organizations.
- Best-in-Class companies have successfully enabled 42% more of their suppliers electronically.
- Best-in-Class companies have placed nearly 90% of their spend under management.
- Best-in-Class companies have achieved 8.5% cost savings.